Fence Line – Having a beautiful, well-maintained and healthy lawn means not only working on certain areas of your yard. Your outer space will look more attractive and organized if each area looks designed, neat, and no one is barren or neglected. Therefore, if you want to have a perfect page, you should also try to beautify some areas that you don’t normally pay attention to such as fence lines. Many property owners think that their fence will be enough as an extra feature outdoors. But with the right plants and some landscape tips, you can have a more beautiful fence line. Here are some landscape tips and ideas that you can consider increasing your fence line:
- Before starting to plant along the line fence, make sure you remove the brush and dirt in the area. This means removing weeds that grow along the privacy fence. You can use weed trimmers to cut weeds and grass next to the fence.
- Besides planting ornamental plants, the area along the fence is an ideal location to grow a long and narrow stretch of vegetable garden. Edible gardens will decorate and enhance the appearance of the area while making functional space to produce your own food.
- If you want to cover some parts of a wooden fence (especially old, rotten) plant vines, such as bougainvillea or trumpets along the base of the fence. These vines naturally grow fences to add color to your fence and at the same time soften the appearance of wood.
- If you want to plant plants along the fence line, grow high ornamental grass, such as thatched grass or muhly grass, along with the area. When they grow, they will fill to cover a large area of a fence while adding movement and texture to your outer space.
- To have flowers bloom near your fence, plant ornamental grass with flowering perennials such as poppies or hydrangeas. You can also consider planting flowering plants such as leeks and lavender because they can be used for various types of border gardens.
- You can also consider planting pots. Place large, decorative pots along the fence line. Make sure you set the pot evenly along the privacy structure. To add color and increase visual interest in the area, grow a variety of plants in one pot.
- Finally, to enhance the appearance of fences and outdoor spaces, you can also hang decorative garden supplies such as metal lanterns as accent pieces. However, make sure you choose only a lightweight garden decoration that will not cause the fence to sag or lean and screw the pieces into the wood safely.